Saturday, December 17, 2011

I am horrible at updating our blog!

Wow!  So much has changed since the last time I posted.

Let's see- we've been on Oahu for 6 months!!

We recently had Ben's sister Cecily come visit for her 21st birthday with her roommate Michelle.  It was so nice to have visitors and are looking forward to having our friend Christina come visit in January!

As I posted before, I was working at Niu Valley Middle School teaching resource language arts.  After a few short months and many hours on the road, I made a tough decision to resign from that position.  I reapplied to the Department of Education and only applied to areas close to home, and within a month started my new position as a Special (Ed) Preschool Teacher.  I share a classroom with another teacher- so it's been nice having the help and support from her and getting to know her students too.  We teach together a lot but are keeping some of our curriculum separate, because we've found they maintain their focus more when in a smaller group. ;)

I cannot express how welcoming everyone has been, how great my parents are, and what a blessing this whole experience has been for me. 

It was definitely a culture shock the first few months we were here, but we're enjoying it more and more as we get to know people.

On that note, we're SO excited to be coming home on Monday, the 19th for 10 days!  It will be so nice to have time with family and friends and to enjoy so COLD weather!  The weather has been BEAUTIFUL here, but with a high of 80 for the last few weeks- I can't wait to wear winter clothes and gather around a fire!  :) 

Here are some pictures of things we've done recently!

 Ben's Mustache Birthday Party- in November (MOVEMBER!)

 Like Brother, like Sister.....Like Bakersfield.  Dole Plantation.

Giovanni's Shrimp Truck, Haleiwa

Frankie at Nimitz Beach

Paradise Cove Luau

Cec and Michelle with one of the dancers at the luau

Happy Birthday Cec!

Happy First Birthday Mady!

Nimitz Beach

Gomiford Christmas Cards- 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment